By Wanda E Megyese


Sandy was flushed and doing the jig. "I downed a mugger today," she boasted. Due to some practice defense spray, this really offered her the self-esteem to make use of the personal defense gadget. And she must have been dead on.

I was at first unwilling to get my daughter defense spray however this was non deadly and left absolutely no long-term harm. The results, an excruciating burning experience inside the eyes and on the skin and breathing constriction, were immediate on contact however short-term, just good enough for a target to flee the peril she confronted.

As soon as I ultimately agreed that Sandy could arm herself with a defense spray, I established a condition: initially, she had to study how to utilize it correctly as well as confidently. I argued it was pointless to own the pepper spray however not the skills to use it whenever needed.

Therefore, I was thankful for practice self defense sprays that were like the real thing however utilized water instead of the real oleoresin capsicum contained in the actual product. You weren't wasting actual defense spray but training your mind as well as muscles in its use.

However, it is not advisable to test out a practice spray on human beings because of the nitrogen content that pressurizes the water. It may cause skin irritation or burning in the eyes.

Sandy, being a tough girl, did not believe in practice. But as her older sibling, Sam, discussed, during stressful circumstances the body's automatic response is fear, which includes clammy as well as unstable hands and a thudding heart.

Using her own 1/2 ounce inert practice spray simply got her mind trained with precisely how to handle the gadget as soon as the time came, so that real pepper spray would carry out what it was supposed to do then: immobilize the attacker so she could escape and call for help.

She wound up being thankful for my insistence on her using practice pepper spray. "It just clicked inside my head what I needed to do and the correct timing when I must do it," she mentioned. And the robber never stood a chance.




About the Author:



These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati